We support women and their families with all aspects of domestic abuse.
We believe being free from abuse is only the start of the journey.
We support women and their families to stay safe, grow their self-esteem and go on to build happy, healthy relationships. Our team work in a kind, caring and non-judgemental way, providing personalised support for as long as it is needed.
Our holistic support is tailored to the individual and their family. We believe it is important to recognise every survivor’s experience is unique and that those who access our service may be at different points in their journey to recovery, therefore, we ensure that a bespoke support plan is agreed upon, and that support for the wider family is explored as part of our work.
We work imaginatively and innovatively with women and families and our partners to ensure we get the best outcomes. One size does not fit all and as an independent, small local provider we can respond effectively. We believe creativity is key and are always exploring ways to address gaps and drive innovative services, finding new ways of working with our community and different ways to approach to our work. The multiple and complex needs that our families face is a key driver to ensure we constantly re-assess the way that we work to better meet their needs.
We help women and families gain the tools and strength to make their own decisions. We understand that those who have experienced or been exposed domestic abuse can often find it hard to move forward, the support that we provide enables survivors and their families to stay safe, grow their self-esteem and go on to build happy, healthy relationships.
We aim to provide:
- Rapid, accessible support and risk assessments for women experiencing domestic abuse.
- Practical domestic abuse support for women and children including recognising the signs, safety planning and managing risk.
- Emotional support during and after domestic abuse, to rebuild self-esteem, confidence and family relationships.
- Wider holistic support, by signposting to the services of trusted partners and advocacy with other agencies.
- Building support networks by awareness raising amongst family members, professionals and other charities.
- A skilled and financially sustainable organisation to deliver this support.
To achieve this we will:
- Create a financially secure organisation.
- Strengthen and grow services that meet client needs.
- Strengthen and embed bespoke, client led approaches.
- Improve accessibility so more women can access the help they need when they need it.
- Provide effective and innovative support with a skilled, resilient workforce.
- Increase impact through our quality, reputation and partnerships.