BBC Children In Need – Radio Interview
Our children’s outreach worker was recently interviewed by BBC Radio Nottingham about the work she does with children who are or have been affected by domestic abuse. We also hear from a parent and survivor whose daughter was supported through our children’s outreach service.
About our children’s outreach service:
We support children aged 5 to 11 years who are or have been affected by domestic abuse. IDAS offers support to children to talk about and understand their experiences of domestic abuse in a safe and confidential space.
OUR CHILDREN’S WORKER PROVIDES CAN HELP CHILDREN TO:
- Understand their feelings and emotions
- Learn how to keep themselves safe
- Learn about kind and unkind behaviours
- Learn how to manage anger
- Learn how to cope with worries
- Build confidence and resilience