NIDAS Peer Support Coffee Mornings
The support at NIDAS never ends. When you feel ready, come, and join us at our safe space to access peer support and meet with others who share similar experiences.
On the second Wednesday of every other month from 9.30am – 11.30am, starting 13th September 2023, we will be holding our coffee morning to provide previous NIDAS clients with a place for them to meet other survivors, build positive peer relationships, and get support.
The peer support coffee morning group does not focus on domestic abuse support, so if you are at risk of domestic abuse or have support needs in this area, please contact us to access alternative support.
For more information, to receive venue information, or to let us know you are joining us, please call us on 01623 683 250 or email [email protected].
Support Group Helpers
We are currently looking for some support group helpers to facilitate our coffee mornings.
If you would like to be part of the team at NIDAS, you will need:
- A positive outlook and to be a team player
- To be able to work in a non-judgment way, showing empathy and compassion towards a diverse client group
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer literacy skills
- To be able to recognise your limitations and embrace strengths when working as part of a wider team
- Act with integrity and respect when working with all clients, agencies and individuals
- To work proactively, positively and flexibly and as part of a team
The minimum commitment we need is the second Wednesday of every other month – with the potential to increase.
The group gives women a safe space to explore their experiences, meet new people and increase their social network, reducing isolation. Beyond this will be up to you, the more volunteer helpers we have, means we can provide more activities for families within the Mansfield and Ashfield area.
Please contact Kate at NIDAS for further information at [email protected].